Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finished object #2: Draped Flared skirt.

I know, it seems I haven’t been doing any sewing lately. But this is not the case. In fact, I have almost finished three different projects, which I will be uploading one by one starting today.

The first one is a gray skirt, which was based on my ‘circular/gored skirt’ draping project I blogged earlier about here.




It was extremely easy to drape, but finishing this skirt took me ages. The main problem was making and attaching bias binding made of silk organza. It is extremely unruly and difficult to handle. After I conquered this one, the rest was much easier. I inserted a zipper and closed the side seam. Finally I serged the waist and attached a grosgrain ribbon.

I don’t know if this skirt makes me very happy. I mean, it's kind of cute, but not perfect. Or maybe I am tired of looking at it? What do you think, dear readers?

Marina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed