Saturday, February 19, 2011

Win a Book! --- Sewing Gadget Mania: No.1 / The 'Lady's Knife'

The Lady's Knife by Bernina, a.k.a. Swiss Sewessential
Every man ought to own a great swiss army knife, right? I also have one and I love it. Mine carries just 15 tools, but it can have as many as 85 tools (no joke, an 2lb/1kg pocket knife)! It is, no doubt, a cult object for men, but how about us, ladies???? 

Well, Bernina would not be a swiss company if they had not offered this ultimate Lady's Swiss Knife:
"The versatile tool, dubbed the 'Swiss Sewessential: the ultimate Swiss sewing accessory', consists of 17 superbly crafted individual tools, including a special rotary knife, awl and hem-measure, and combines outstanding BERNINA quality with WENGER's tried-and-tested precision. The practical pocket sewing tool's 'multifunction tool' represents a further sophisticated innovation launched by BERNINA: the universal tool encompasses a handful of individual gadgets that are a breeze to remove and reinsert. This smart sewing machine accessory will be available for purchase from all BERNINA stockists."       
Special rotary knife? hem measure? awl? so, now I am obsessing about the Swiss Sewessential!!!! I am such a sucker for gadgets. If you want to buy it, google for 'Swiss Sewessential' - I found one in Germany for 85 euro, not cheap, admit, but isn't it a fun gadget to have ?

Sewing gadgetmania: win a book!!!

Ok, this knife made me start a new series here, on my blog, Sewing Gadget Mania (that is, sewing gadgets that can beat men's swiss army knives, or even iPhones?).

So, for the following 10 weeks, every Friday, I will post a new gadget here, and this Lady's Knife from Bernina is #1 on the list.

What about you? Do you like it? Would you pay so much for this tool? And, what are you favourite sewing tools? Let me know if you have a great tool you wouldn't want to part with, and I will post your suggestion on my blog. How would it qualify? Ask, what makes the tool so valuable? Is it the producer? An outstanding quality? Maybe, it is not produced any longer? Is it antique, or vintage? Is it innovative? But, at the end, it's a judgement call, so just submit your suggestions.

I would love to hear from you!!!! Leave a comment here or send me a mail at mvk.fashion at gmail dot com.

A poll will determine the most popular gadget, and the winner will get this great sewing book featuring another cult object...



To win the book, submit your gadget proposal by April 28th, 2011.

vintage pattern giveaway!

Finally, even if you don't submit a gadget proposal, but like the idea, feel free, if you like, to grab this badge and display it on your blog. If you display the badge by March 1st, I will add your name to a Vintage Pattern Giveaway drawing (I am de-stashing my 300+ vintage patterns and will post three giveaway patterns shortly, shipping is free).



Below is the html code:




Don't forget to post a comment letting me know that you added the badge. I will draw the winner on March 1st.


Good luck everyone, thank you and hope you enjoy the Gadgetmania!

P.S. I had to add this note after today's trip to the Garment District: The Bernina Dealer actually had the Swiss Sewessential, however, he had no idea what it was. So, if you want to splurge ($85) ask authorized dealer in your area for the Swiss Sewessential - you may be lucky!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed