Saturday, April 7, 2012

BurdaStyle May 2012: My favorite picks

Can you imagine, a month has passed since I posted my April favorites - and here I go again blogging about my May picks. The new issue features quite a few interesting pieces construction-wise. And vintage-inspired pieces are very cute as well. 

A beautiful linen dress - reminds me of Victoria Beckham style.
The yellow curve is very flattering as it tricks the eye and slims and elongates the body - perfect for curvy or petite women. In addition, I think, the dress is very smart - all the shaping is achieved through the curved seams that function the same way as in the princess line dress!
Tunic is the same pattern as the dress above, and I love the shape of these linen pants
I love how easy this project is - it is a skirt and a blouse, which use mostly straight seams.  Even with the couture version you won't spend much time fiddling with it. 
I also like the silhouette of this dress from their Inspired-by-Tennis feature,  minus humongous pockets that would fit the rocket and tennis balls if you decide not to carry a bag. It is a great project for textured cotton - focus on fabric!
more high-waisted goodness! always a fan of high-waisted skirts! maybe some day... oh, and the coral color is gorgeous!!!
Cute blouse - interesting idea with the lace, but it looks a little crafty, readers, won't you agree? Check out the close-up to see what I mean. The blouse and the lace have separate lives. I mean, the lace look as if it was pasted on the blouse! Is it the shape of it, or the edges, or anything else? To me, the gathering at the neckline is a problem too - If I made this style, I would gather the shoulders only, and redraft the neckline to eliminate the excess fabric. 
This vintage-inspired blouse from their California Dreamin' feature can look so pretty in eyelet or guipure. It is buttoned up in the back - cute!
Another California Dreamin' piece. This is a dress, actually... It has something, but I cannot quite warm up to it. Maybe towards winter...
finally, this piece - love the simple style. It can look quite chic in many fabrics.  
One of these is the next project for my Couture Challenge on BurdaStyle. And since I cannot quite yet reveal it I wanted to ask you, which one would YOU pick? And why? - maybe you will change my mind...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed