- Make a muslin for the sleeves.
- Fit the muslin, make necessary alterations
- cut the fashion fabric and the lining
- quilt the lining to the fashion fabric
- clean up the sleeves and finish the vents
- insert the lower part of the sleeves (by hand!)
- fit the upper part of the sleeve on the body, pin it, and finish inserting the sleeve by hand.
- Finish the sleeve seam allowances and cover them with the lining fabric (by hand, again)
- Try the jacket on to determine the sleeve length and finish the sleeve hems.
|the upper portion of the armscye still has to be fell-stitched|