The Tailoring Techniques of Kenneth D. King
Tailored Jacket is an e-book documenting the process of creating a tailored jacket, from the cutting out to the finishing. With over 300 photos illustrating techniques in detail, the book covers among others
- Materials and tools
- Patternmaking to create the linings, facings, and other corollary pieces so that all pieces fit together perfectly
- Complete construction of the garment, with "sidebars" at different points in the process. For example:
- The perfect way to ease a sleeve cap
- Constructing the notch lapel, as well as the shawl lapel.
- Handling uneven shoulders
- Constructing the lining, including installing the hidden lining pocket and piping
I am always happy to see new subscribers, or followers, but it is not a pre-requisite! So, good luck, everyone! And, of course, I would love to hear your comments - just share what are you Sew Grateful for!