Friday, March 16, 2012

BurdaStyle April 2012 picks

Readers, do you like BurdaStyle magazine? I am a loyal fan, I have to admit. Have been for the last twenty-five years... I remember holding the first issue published in the former Soviet Union and drooling over styles and styling, home advice columns and exotic cuisine recipes with ingredients noone ever heard of. I kept every issue, until I had to move, again and again and again, traveling from one job to another... And, even when I wasn't sewing I was buying the magazine every now and then, in whatever language it was available, keeping some of my favorite back issues. I got Italian edition in Kosovo, Serbian in Belgrade, Russian in Macedonia, French in Paris, German in Austria... Last year, it has been the first time since long that I was able to subscribe (and sew) again, and so now my collection is growing again.

I like Burda a lot for it offers several features in every issue, and each of this features has a set of coordinated looks that would allow anyone to create a mini wardrobe. April issue was no exception, with my favorite La Siciliana trend. It seems no coincidence that I was just recently admiring Fall 2012 collection by Dolce and Gabbana... So, off we go, here are my favorites from the recent issue:

Cachecoer 126 A



I adore this blouse - well, it is very sheer, but with a nice corselet underneath it will look less provocative. It is a potential candidate for my Camp Couture, or I may even do it before I go and focus on the corselet instead. It is a very simple style that shouldn't take long, the only thing is that, depending on lace, I may need to stabilize/ reinforce it, but more construction thoughts in a later post.

Skirt 118B
This skirt is a tiny bit too tight here, readers. What I love most are the structural seams and the high waist. It is a winner skirt and will look flattering on curvy women. Recommended fabric is cotton satin, but I am considering using peau de soie, or medium-weight silk twill, both perfectly suitable for fitted styles.

Blouse 117
Another favorite - it is so easy, and I love that back flounce. The belt pattern is also included, and I am planning to make one as well.
Alberta Ferretti exclusive designer pattern
A beautiful and sophisticated dress, it is really timeless even though it comes from Alberta Ferretti's 2009 Pre-Fall collection. They even used the original image of the dress. The brooch is important, so I make be hunting a suitable piece these days if I'll decide to make this dress. It looks like a perfect theater or cocktail look, easy enough to feel comfortable and yet quite chic.


Have you picked your favorite Burda styles yet?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed