Well, there are a few things I want to work on there:
- a corselet that I can wear as a separate piece or under sheer blouses.
- a simple Chantilly lace blouse is also on the list, and, finally,
- a bias silk slip with lace, which I want to start there
Ok, I learnt my lesson, and here is what I am going to do! In the week preceding the course, I will
- make muslins for all three projects, and
- fit them, so Susan needs to help with final touches only
- choose the fabric (hopefully from my stash),
- prepare all the notions I need to complete the projects without wasting time for shopping in the neighbourhood Jo-Ann's,
- select only essential tools I need for these projects (I tend to drag along too much - not clothes but all the sewing stuff).
But back to class planning! Have you attended sewing classes? Any tips on how to best prepare for an outside class, besides zillions of other projects, three demanding kids, a husband and bugs that keep the entire family sick all this time? I would accept all the proposals, including meditation, yoga poses and using essence sticks! Please!.. anyone?!