Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Award and Avowals

OMG, Rachel of House of Pinheiro has picked me and my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award! OMG!..

Who is Rachel??? Sorry, she is a cooking, sewing, quilting, rocking, 6-feet tall hot Brazilian bombshell! Quite an explosive mixture, I tell you!  So, go, check her blog, readers!


Well, back to the award - I am supposed to share with you seven things about myself.

1. I grew up in Tbilisi, Georgia, which is a small country sandwiched between Russia in the north, and Turkey in the south.

this is my town - I miss it very much!
2. I dig dumplings!


These are Georgian dumplings, called Khinkali. They are very juicy inside and you must eat them by hand! You bite in and suck all that juice out and then you bite into the dumpling... Oooooh!.. I make the best ones, of course!

3. I have three kids! Did I say three???? When did it happen???


Anyway, I love them all and they keep challenging both me and Mr. Frabjous... well...

4. I was a pioneer in a Soviet Summer Camp.


That girl on the right with uneven white socks and striped vest is your humble blogger, ahem...  The guy with his hand in his pocket (top right) is Lenin.... The camp was not that bad, actually... some propaganda gimmicks, but mostly common sense... yes... I guess...

5. I was the fastest in my class to put together and to take apart Kalashnikov. I am not a spy! Military Preparedness was one of the subjects we had to take at school and assembling Kalashnikovs was part of the craziness. Anyone remember the Cold War?.. how could people be so obedient to these absurd circumstances for decades is still a mystery to me...

6. I left my country when I was 23, after witnessing two short but horrible wars... I have been traveling since then, working in transition countries and promoting freedom of expression, and haven't found a place I can call home for longer than a few years yet. I think both, me and Mr. Frabjous, feel home pretty much everywhere - the US is our third country together.

7. I love the smell of the sea and of a dry fir forest. I love smelling things, vegetables, fruits, trees... fabrics?

8. I have a very neglected cooking blog, aka The Melting Pot. But I am planning to revive it this week, with some dumpling goodies!!!!.. It is called Melting Pot because it reflect my cooking influenced by the world cuisine. And, you have to check out Georgian food. It is amazing - I tell you!


Now, time for the nominations!!! Tah-dah!!!

I am supposed to nominate newly discovered blogs, so, no offense to my old-time favourites - I do love you!

Here is the list:

Vicki of Another Sewing Scientist
Devra of Puu's Door of Time
Nettie of Sown Brooklyn
Sandra of Harlem Homestead
Christine of Daughter Fish
Lisette of What Would Nancy Drew Wear
Cindy of that-titleless-got-to-be-updated blog (after I have seen her wearing her Ceylon - I am still scared of that dress, I tell you - she is the third from the left)

Phew, done, Rachel! Because of you I failed to quilt four remaining panels for my cape. You got to face consequences, girl, bombshell or not! Am now off to pick up one of three demanding offsprings from school.

Auf Wiedersehen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed