Monday, October 10, 2011

Work-in-Progress: Sencha


I know, I am probably the last one to make Sencha... So what? My plan was to finish the cape by the end of last week, but kids take turns in catching the same virus I started with... and my youngest is still at home with me! Have you tried sewing with 2-year old around? Such a project would be doomed, I tell you! The luxury of napping toddler is a rare treat and I enjoy this time finishing some hand sewing, tracing, basting, muslinning - basically anything that doesn't make noise. Luckily temperatures help not get upset about lack of cape - 29 degrees Celsius in New York.

So, to prove that I am working hard on my fall wardrobe, aka Colette Fall Palette Challenge (CFPC) here are rather mediocre images - it's past twelve and all I can think is finish the muslin and go to bed until my toddler wakes me up! She still doesn't sleep through!


You may ask, why I decided to make a muslin? Well, while everyone is praising this pattern, I find that quite a few projects I saw on the web have a pretty baggy back and high neckline. I will be doing Sencha in printed charmeuse, and I don't want to do any fitting with this rather finicky fabric... Here is your answer!

I traced the pattern - hate the absence of stitching lines, which adds another 30 minutes of prep work - and am going to put together the muslin. Will try to snap some pictures for you tomorrow.

I also thought that the pattern itself was rather scarce with regard to text markings - rather different from Big 4 and Burda patterns. As a beginner pattern, I think, it should say clearly which one is center back or center front, or which is grainline, etc. But maybe it is clear anyway. I had no problems whatsoever.

And look at those pretty curves on the image above! The shape looks very adorable already - I am looking forward to the results!

By the way, decisions to be made about seam finishes and facings... Anyone?

Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed