Thursday, May 19, 2011

All set for the 'Chanel' jacket!

I have more exciting news, dear readers! I am going to join the Classic French Jacket Class with Susan Khalje in Baltimore tomorrow! And in a week, I will have my own Chanel French jacket, made using the finest couture techniques!

It's been very stressful at work lately, so sewing vacation is just what I need! Six days of sewing with eleven other couture enthusiasts and Susan Khalje, whose work I was craving to see for so long.

It took me long time to find and choose the right fabric - I could not find much in the Garment District... better bouclés at Linton Tweeds were sold out, and, yet, finally, I found this great piece which I love!



this beautiful bouclé was bought at Mendel Goldberg in Chinatown.

Image: New York Times

It's a beautiful store packed up to ceiling with great fabrics. And their basement is full of end of roll treasures, which you get for a bargain price. Check out this slide show from New York Times for a little bit of history of this great place.

Meanwhile, I still have to pack! And, I need to finish my muslin! Tomorrow at around lunch time I am meeting the rest of the group at Mendel Goldberg, and after a quick lunch in the area we will get trims in the Garment District and head toward Baltimore.

I will be posting here updates as often as possible, so stay tuned for the next post!

Have you taken any sewing classes? And what classes would you love to take?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed