Monday, May 2, 2011

AWESOME: Last Week's Links à la Couture

A brief intro: I love discovering new blogs, finding good tutorials and goggling at inspiring garments by fellow bloggers. There are some great weekly round-ups by other bloggers, but I want to offer you my own favorites, which relate to me as a DIY blogger and an aspiring couturiere. I hope those of you who voted for this reviews will find them useful and inspiring as well!

So, here is my first round-up of awesome posts from the past week (random order):



1. Patty the Snug Bug had a terrific tutorial full of modelling and photography tips. By the way, shooting images of or modelling my own garments was one of the main reasons why I failed in the Me-Made-March challenge.

2. Magda of MagdaMagda Design Studio posted another great tutorial on ‘Sun and Mercury Collar’: great use of stripes as a design element!

3. Things.be shared (OMG) the most recent knock-off pattern of Pippa's bridesmaid dress by an Australian pattern company Style Arc.
  
4. Jenni Radosevich of I SPY DIY shared this tutorial on how to spruce up your summer sandals using an old cotton scarf.

5. Amanda of Sewing in the Rain created this very cute Beignet Skirt (Colette Patterns). Check out those cute details.

Enjoy reading!

Disclaimer: I am sure there were more awesome posts last week - I apologize if I missed them! Feel free to add your suggestions as a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed