Monday, May 16, 2011

This weekend's Apple Blossom Dress

This will be a shorter post today - I am not feeling well (nothing serious) and so I am just posting a quick update of what I have done this weekend - an Apple Blossom dress inspired by my mom. I can never catch up with Sew Weekly challenges, but this time - for the Mother's Day theme - it worked out before I knew it. Mom loved eyelet and I remember she made me a skirt with a white eyelet ruffle. I wish I still had that picture but it got lost. My mom and me we were standing at the beach, I was 5, she was 26, and we were both wearing those maxi skirts... loose black hair.. I remember her so young and beautiful on that picture...

So I went to Mood Fabrics last Friday, determined to get white eyelet, and  then I saw beautiful very light pink eyelet fabric. I immediately thought of the two apple trees in front of our house here, in New York.


I love this extremely gentle pink color...



The image of my childhood, my mom, the apple blossom eyelet fabric - like pieces of a beautiful puzzle - all it lacked was a simple frame. So, I chose a very basic pattern from June 2010 issue of Burda magazine (#148).


I used an invisible zipper instead of a keyhole opening - to make it more comfortable for my daughter to put it on.



I also underlined it with white batiste, light enough for hot summer days.



and here is the full shot of the dress.

She is happy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Design © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed